LinkedIn not able to fetch my webmail contacts

Now, its LinkedIn.com, the very much reliable, trusted, and robust web software, doing some goof-ups, and it follows Facebook.com, Blogger.com in the league of buggy web-software. Read my previous posts for the details. Importing web-mail contacts to LinkedIn.com is not working fine, for me at least, for quite a few months now. What happens on the page?:

  • URL: Import Contacts and Invite | LinkedIn
  • Enter web-mail details
  • Click on Continue
  • LinkedIn.com reaches to the site in order to find your address-book contacts list
  • A confirmation on the web-mail page to allow LinkedIn.com with access to your contact list
  • Result: Error on the LinkedIn.com page: We're sorry but there was a problem importing your contacts. Please check back later.
Let me know if you are facing the same problem.
Blogged with the Flock Browser


Update: Today, 28-Dec-2010, is the day, when I do see successful import of my GMail.com contacts to LinkedIn.com. Let's celebrate. :)
Update: Today, 17-Jun-2011, after checking my GMail.com contacts, LinkedIn.com told me that you have 411 friends already on its site. What? Amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment