How To Remove The New FaceBook Chat Sidebar – Drawbacks / Disadvantages

Selected few FaceBook users were offered the new FaceBook chat sidebar feature earlier this month. As mentioned earlier not everyone have got the invites and screen space is one of the main reasons for it.
A majority of those who decided to shift over to the new Facebook chat feature seem to have more complaints than praises. I too tried the new feature and there are a lot of short comings, but it might just be the beginning and FB, in future, may update / upgrade it, hence it’s too early to take a call.
Disadvantages of new Facebook chat feature are:
  • It takes up considerable space. A manual option to ‘Hide Sidebar‘ is available, but you need to hide the sidebar every time you launch it, unlike in the old one.
  • If you are one of those who have a lot of friends online all the time, you surely will not like the new chat sidebar. It shows a list of 20 – 25 online friends with who you interact most. There is no explanation as to how the rest of your online friends will be listed, hope it’s not another scroll bar to see the rest !
  • I don’t understand why is it imperative to show the list of friends who I chat with most ? Since chat and my friends are personal to me, will I not be aware of it ?
  • The new design is very confusing when compared to the old chat feature. In the old one all those friends who were online were listed first, this made the task easier to scroll through the list and chat with whoever I wanted. The new one lists my friends in alphabetical order, and it has nothing to do with whether they are online or not, which confuses me as I have to first search for the name and then check if they are online. How cool is that !!
My advice to Facebook is- they should consult Steve Jobs of Apple before they come up with a new feature and functionality design ;) (pun intended ;) ).
Can I remove the new FaceBook chat feature and revert back to the old one ?
I really want to, but unfortunately there’s nothing listed on how to revert back to old chat on FaceBook :( . Those who upgraded to the new Facebook sidebar chat are stuck with it for a while now !
I’ll update this page when I find a suitable solution or when Facebook decides to tell us how ! Meanwhile, if you figure out how to disable the new sidebar chat and enable old chat, please let me know via comments section.

If you too hate the new Facebook Chat Sidebar, you can like the FaceBook community page here and let the FB team know that you do not like it, may be they’ll take some measures to set it right.
Related posts:
  1. Get The New Facebook Chat Sidebar
  2. If I Remove Someone As A Friend On Facebook, Will They Be Notified ?
  3. Will Someone Know If I Remove Them From My Friends List On Facebook
  4. Facebook Application I Do Not Like – How to Remove ?
  5. How To Customize Gadgets In Windows Vista Sidebar

0 comments:

Post a Comment