What I Am Wearing



This Prince Albert loafer was the very first pair of shoes that I ever made by hand. It was just a rejected upper that was lying around and happened to be somewhat near my size (although I believe that it must have been for a 8-8.5UK). Stefano (Bemer) told me that I could use it to make a pair of shoes, but at the time I did not have a last of my own. I therefore had scoured through his random last models in hope to find something that was near my foot size. And not all of the lasts had sizes written on them, so I pretty much just had to eyeball it. Luckily I found one that actually looked quite good with this upper and happened to fit me in the length, but being just a tad bit wide (as I have a narrow foot). Because of that I break it out every now and then but don't wear it as much as I would like to. However, since having made this, I fell in love with the idea of having a Prince Albert loafer that was a bit more casual (i.e. not for formal wear and having a proper sole), that one could wear with smart trousers and even jeans and be able to show off a little bit of sock. But you really don't see that made anywhere and that's why I decided to introduce one into my collection, probably one of the models that I am most excited about.....

P.S. Don't judge me on the knot of my bow tie, it's so thick that it's hard to make nice....I know that it's sloppy looking!

Shoes: Bespoke, made by me
Trousers: Zara
Sweater (Jumper): Primark
Shirt: Primark
Bow Tie: Gieves & Hawkes
Socks: Gieves & Hawkes




0 comments:

Post a Comment