J. FitzPatrick Shoe Line Progression


Getting a company up and running may be just one of the most difficult things in the world, particularly when there are products involved that have to be produced by someone else. Naturally, being naive, you may somewhat underestimate the amount of time that it takes to actually even begin (as I have) which will then set you up for a crash course in zen-like patience, as you twiddle your thumbs each day waiting for that email/call telling you that your products are done. This is what I am going through now; counting the days, the minutes, the seconds until I have my finalized prototypes in my hands, which will then allow me to go sell them to the world, and even better yet, see them on other people's feet. It's amazing to even think about the possibility of that coming to fruition. But until this point, I am here, trying to sort the things out that I am working on, e.g. The Shoe Snob website (not blog) where I will then sell all of my accessories off of as well as offer shoe-related services. Planning, planning, planning and then executing is what my days consist of... So when I do see a shoe here or there, you can imagine how excited I become, as that feeling of progression takes over and fills me with joy!

(Colors most accurate from these two photos below)



As you can see, there are two new shoes here, both of which are in my size for trial wearing. Just in case some of you may be wondering what that means, it is intended so that I can test my shoes to make sure that the last and patterns are right, the width is good and everything functions like a proper shoe. For these trial pairs, I chose color options that might not be put into production, but gives me a good idea of how they would look. The cap-toe model in suede is the same pattern as the tan cap-toe (pictured way below) that I first released pictures of. The other shoe is an example of the 3rd last that I will be using, a more pointed one originating from the shape of my bespoke models (although not as pointy). Looking at it you will also see my very own medallion that I will be using for my first collection. However, it's still a bit rough around the edges and needs some minute detailing in order for it to be finalized (such as making sure that holes are not missing, as one is!).






While I still can't put a date on when my shoes will be ready for sale, I can at least hope to say that my prototypes will be ready for action by no later than April. But after they are ready, then begins the tough stuff, like working out all of the financial details and the tedious things such as boxes and what will come with each pair of shoes purchased. It's all a very long process, one that sometimes leaves me drained and feeling that it will never end and I will be forever "trying" to start my shoe line. While I know that this is not actually the case, as I am so close to my end goal, the anticipation of it all, from years of envisioning, makes each day get harder and harder. But what makes it easier is the people like you (the readers), who give me that imaginary pat on the back, supporting me the entire way. Thank you for the support and I hope that you enjoy the process and my new test shoes.

(The other prototypes, just to have them all on one page)



0 comments:

Post a Comment